Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

luke611
Frequent Visitor

Line chart tooltip issue?

Hello,

I have an issue with the line chart. Each time I want to hover over point on the plot, PBI displays not correct tooltip.

Can you please check if it is a bug or I do something wrong. Below you can find a screenshot where I select 2019-07 but PBI focuses on 2019-11.

Thanks.

Line_chart_issue.png

6 REPLIES 6
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@luke611 ,Can you share a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

That was my plan but I couldn't find any option to attach a file different than pic or video here so please find .pbix file uploaded to dropbox. The example is silly but it shows my problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fa3seyqf7ay4tzv/Line_chart_issue.pbix?dl=0 

Hi @luke611 ,

Could you please disable the feature "show items with no data" first and check whether the problem still persists... It seems the issue occurs when the data points are not continuous...

disable show items with no data.JPG

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yiruan-msft : Thanks for the answer. Indeed tooltips seem to be fine after "Show item with no data" is disabled but it changes the approach as well. I need those gaps in my chart. In my original dashboard I have "Line and stacked column chart" used and very often line is broken whereas very often there are column values what should be visualized. Unfortunately it makes tooltip/selection problem.

Hi @luke611 ,

I have reported this problem to the related team. Any progress later, I will update you shortly.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yiruan-msft : thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.