Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Line chart to show 3 lines based on quarter selection

Hi Teams,

I want to plot one line chart to show 3 lines on a single selection of quarter from the Date Hierarchy slicer, one line should be for current year quarter (selected quarter), another for previous year same quarter and last one for Previous quarter of the selected quarter.

For eg: An user selects Q1 2019, then the 3 lines would be for Q1-2019, Q1-2018 and Q4-2018.

On my report page there is a Date Hierarchy slicer as below
Date Hierarchy SlicerDate Hierarchy Slicer 

I have written the following measure to calculate  the cummulative sum of revenue as below based on WeekOf Qaurter.

CALCULATE(
    SUM('Revenue'[Revenue]),
    FILTER(
        ALLSELECTED('Revenue'[WeekOfQuarter]),
        ISONORAFTER('Revenue'[WeekOfQuarter], MAX('Revenue'[WeekOfQuarter]), DESC)
    && MAX(Revenue[INVOICE_QUARTER]) = [SELECTED QUARTER]
&& MAX(Revenue[INVOICE_YEAR]) = [SELECTED YEAR]
)
)

The Other measures are 
PY Quarter = 
CALCULATE(
    SUM('Revenue'[Revenue]),
    FILTER(
    && MAX(Revenue[INVOICE_QUARTER]) = [SELECTED QUARTER]
&& MAX(Revenue[INVOICE_YEAR]) = [SELECTED YEAR]-1
)
)

But due to slicer connection the graph only shows 1 line and filters out the others. I dont want the other 2 lines to get filtered on selection.
How can we achieve this?

Thanks,
Anish

3 REPLIES 3
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

As you said, "due to slicer connection the graph only shows 1 line and filters out the others. I dont want the other 2 lines to get filtered on selection." when a user selects Q1 2019, the visual will only show Q1 2019 dim period.

Q1-2018 and Q4-2018 only will appear in Q1 2019 dim period with another line.

There is another to get it is that use an independent date table for slicer.

[SELECTED QUARTER] and [SELECTED YEAR] is based on this independent date table.

here is a similar post for you refer to:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Filter-of-some-period-and-get-the-information-from-the-previous/m-p/326441#M145653

If you still have the problem, please share your sample pbix file and expected output.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

WeekOfQuarter = ROUNDUP(MOD(Revenue[WeekNum],MAX([WeekNum])/4),0)

WeekNum = WEEKNUM(Revenue[Line GL Date],2).
The lines as showing the cummulative Revenues for those respective quarters.
RevenueasperSelection = CALCULATE(
    SUM('Revenue'[Revenue]),
    FILTER(
    )
)

So when I select other quarters the line must change accordingly which is not working for me.

hi, @Anonymous 

Could you share your sample pbix file for us have a test?

You can upload it to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.