Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

unclejemima
Post Patron
Post Patron

Line chart putting data labels on wrong line?

See attached image.  I have a line chart where the numbers are close together.  I looked into data labels and if I could force the label to be above the line...but there is no option in a line chart.  It is where it is I suppose.

But in this situation for some reason its flipping the number to the wrong side of the line!  See circled in blue for May...should be above line that is $23k, bottom line $9k

Can I fix this any way?

power bi1.PNG

1 REPLY 1
Seward12533
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

In powerBI we have very limited control of how the data labels are displayed, usually all or nothing and then having them display at the whim of powerbi as it adjsut the labels.  You best bet is to increase the scale so the lines are furthe apart.  I know it takes more real estate.  

What I woudl do in this case is have yoru line chart adn then a matrix showing the values seperately. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.