Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Line chart hover displays categories in alphabetical order rather than highest value order

Hi there,

I have a line graph using suburban graffiti data over time.  There are about 30 suburbs (too many I know) but when I hover over a point, instead of the hover showing what that point is (e.g. Fendalton, 204) it shows about five suburbs on that month starting with (blank), then suburbs beginning with A, none of which relate to the point I selected.

What I would like to do is adjust the hover to either show the value I am pointing at, or maybe order the suburbs by the number of graffiti calls for that month.  ANy tips would be greatly appreciated.

SuburbanGraffiti.png

3 REPLIES 3
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

In your line chart, you select the month as Axis level, the Suburbs in Legend level, right? I try to reproduce your scenario using the sample data below.

1.png

In line chart, we are not able to display only one value according to the selected point. And we can’t order the values from one month. Like the following screenshot, it will return all the three values automatically when we select one point. And the order of value is A-Z according the category automatically, we can’t change it.

2.png

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Angelia for your response.  That's dissappointing, I'll have a crack at finding a way around it.

Cheers,

Chris.

Hi @Anonymous,

Thanks for understanding, please share your solution and mark corresponding for help more people.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.