Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Line chart for displaying last 24 hours temperature?

I have table storage as data source. Data is IoT data and every 10 seconds I get new row with timestamp.

I can succesfully connect with Power BI Desktop. I have changed data type as Date/Time. Column name is Timestamp and values is in format of "10/12/2016 13:08:30". Another column is temperature in decimal format like "23.0".

Now how to make line chart where I can see how temperature get changing over time? I would like to see by latest 24 hour?

I understand and Timestamp is Axis and Temperature is Value, but I get values for every 10 seconds. I would like to show by 1 hour and I like to get displayed only last 24 hour.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

In this scenario, since yout timestamps are continuous,you can directly put the timestamps on X-axis and select the Type into "Categorical".

69.PNG

To group your data on Hour, you need to add columns like "Date Hour", "Date". Then build a hierarchy like "Date->Date Hour->Date Time" and put the hierarchy into the chart.

Regards,

Simon Hou

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

In this scenario, since yout timestamps are continuous,you can directly put the timestamps on X-axis and select the Type into "Categorical".

69.PNG

To group your data on Hour, you need to add columns like "Date Hour", "Date". Then build a hierarchy like "Date->Date Hour->Date Time" and put the hierarchy into the chart.

Regards,

Simon Hou

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I am thinking that you could use Grouping for this possibly? Perhaps a calculated column that is the number of hours in the past (0, 1, 2, 3) and group on that?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.