Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Line chart - change data label to percentage

Hi All,

I've been working on PowerBI for a while and stuck in line chart label. What I am trying to do is without changing the y-axis value, I only want to display percentage in label. It should look like this:

1.PNG

The value that line chart represents still the real value, but label is percentage. Is there a way of doing this or a workaround other than using tooltips.

Thanks in advance !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous,

I'm afraid this may can't be achieved in power bi because the label shows y-axis value which can't be changed in line chart. You can submit your idea here.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi neandertal,

Drag Percentage column to Values field:

2.PNGCapture.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jimmy @v-yuta-msft,

I want to display "percentage value" in the "tax label" without changing the tax line position.

Your solution is not what I want and it is only an extra line at the bottom.

I want the chart as this: The red line is tax value but labels are percentage value.

1.PNG

Is there any other options or workaround for this?

Thanks!

@Anonymous,

I'm afraid this may can't be achieved in power bi because the label shows y-axis value which can't be changed in line chart. You can submit your idea here.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi neandertal,

Could you share some sample data and clarify more details about your requirement?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jimmy @v-yuta-msft,

Here is a sample pbix and the data source.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OCTsTAYzAF4560qSa6jFNLoeiMvLxVfB

Basically I need to plot two lines in a chart, one is for total income and the other one is tax. I created a report and you can see it in the attached file.

Here is the issue: There is a percentage field in the data source. What I want to do is to change the label for tax line and show percentage in this label without changing the y-axis and tax values. In the report the percentage is in tool tip but I need this to be displayed as label not in tool tip. (Also this percentage can be calculated on the fly, it doesn't need to be a field if it is easier to do.) 

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.