Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Line chart behaviours very strange

Hi guys,

I would like to understand the behaviour of the line chart when I go up or down in my date hierarchy. Actually, it seems very STRANGE for me

My line chart has Date at X axis ( with only year>month) and a measure for the value.

Capture.PNG

I have many cases below and for each case, the chart is set by defaut to be at mm/yyyy level

Case 1

Capture.PNG

I'm at mm/yyyy level. I used filter to get only 1 data line on 10/2019 and 1 on 03/2020.

It didn't make any change when I went up in the hierarchy(year)

It's because I just have 1 data line for each year ( 2019 and 2020 ) ?

Case 2

Capture.PNG

I used filter to have only one data line on10/2019. I'm at mm/yyyy level and when I went to yyyy level, it didn't make any change. I would like it displays 2019 in the X axis. How could I do that ?

Case 3 :

Capture.PNG

I have used filter and it got 2 data lines on the same date on 02/2019 and 1 on 03/2020. The chart is set by defaut at the level mm/yyyy but it displays data directly at the yyyy level. Even I change the level of hierarchy, it remains the same thing, 0 changes.

Case 4 :

Capture.PNG

I'm at mm/yyyy level and I used filter to get 2 data lines on 02/2019 and 1 line on 10/2019

when I went up the the yyyy level I got this below

Capture.PNG

It have done a sum to get 3 for the Y axis but the X axis displays 02/2019 instead of 2019

It is really not consistent at all. Could you please help me to fix these cases . Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found the issue. It come from the type of the X axisCapture.PNG

It works perfectly when I changed continue to Category.

Someone knows  what is this ?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found the issue. It come from the type of the X axisCapture.PNG

It works perfectly when I changed continue to Category.

Someone knows  what is this ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.