Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

boboroo
Frequent Visitor

Line and stackend column chart - Position Bars behind each other

Hi Everyone,

is it somehow possible to use the visual "Line and stackend column chart" and make the bar behind each other. Meaning, that they start from "zero" and show behind each other. The Bar charts need to be in a specific order and behind each other. NOT besides each other, as the "Line and clustered column chart" as it is not usable by our customer.

Background: They have the visual in tableau and there we have the option to deactive stack marks:

boboroo_1-1647349627093.png

Question is now: How do we do it on PowerBI? Here is the visual:

boboroo_2-1647349786161.png

Every bar needs to start at zero and shown behind each other. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help and ideas!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good Morning,

@Mayank_Yavda thank you for the suggestion, but what i was searching for was some native way to use or a certified custom visual in the store. My company will not allow other means to use.

Anyway, i solve my problems kinda. In the End i had to transform the dataset in a way i can display the correct behavior via stacked columns + certain measures and use a custom tooltip to show the correct values.

Now it works. Not the best way, but at least i can show what i need to my customer

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mayank_Yavda
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @boboroo ,

Here is Line and clustered column chart With Custom Tooltip which will help you to get line visual with bars with bars overlay on each other. Just select overlay button to get right below chart. Hope this helps you.

Mayank_Yavda_3-1647410045839.pngLine and clustered Column Chart with custom tooltip PBIVizEdit.comLine and clustered Column Chart with custom tooltip PBIVizEdit.com

Download link for the custom visual file in this page

https://pbivizedit.com/gallery/line-and-clustered-column-with-custom-tooltip 

Youtube Link for the custom visual

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJLbVBt9ne8 

This was made with our Custom Visual creator tool

PBIVizEdit.com. With this tool,

• anyone, irrespective of technical skills, can create their own visuals
  • 15 minutes to create a visual from scratch
  • opens up many additional attributes to edit (for e.g. labels, tooltips, legends position, etc)

Give this a shot and let us know if you face any problem/errors.
You can use the editor to modify your visual further (some modifications cannot be done in Power BI window and have to be in editor).

Thanks,
Team PBIVizEdit

Good Morning,

@Mayank_Yavda thank you for the suggestion, but what i was searching for was some native way to use or a certified custom visual in the store. My company will not allow other means to use.

Anyway, i solve my problems kinda. In the End i had to transform the dataset in a way i can display the correct behavior via stacked columns + certain measures and use a custom tooltip to show the correct values.

Now it works. Not the best way, but at least i can show what i need to my customer

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.