Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

crln-blue
Post Patron
Post Patron

Line and stacked column chart suddenly blank when column series (legend for stacked) is added

Hello!

I found an unexpected behavior in PowerBI. 

For me, it is unexpected because I have the same report (just a different source, the report below has an excel file source but all of the calculations are also the same with the other report) as seen below:

crln-blue_4-1610650479758.png

So I recreated the report above and changed the source file to somewhere from SQL Server. All computations are the same, etc etc. The other reports are fine except that for this:

crln-blue_3-1610650025954.png

The line chart which has values are all gone. For context, all of my line chart has values. Column values, "Current Year Amount" has no values because of its filter date. This scenario is also similar with my report which has an excel source. 

If I remove the data from the Column Series field, the chart is okay:

crln-blue_0-1610650970463.png

As we all know, both the column series and the column values are the fields for the stacked column chart. So I have a measure for the values and for it to be a stacked column chart, we need to place a column under the column series field. But it seems like the Column Series data makes my chart blank. Why is this? Is there anything that I should set up? 

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
crln-blue
Post Patron
Post Patron

I'll close this thread now. I don't know why but it managed to solve on its own after dragging and dropping the Date values again. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
crln-blue
Post Patron
Post Patron

I'll close this thread now. I don't know why but it managed to solve on its own after dragging and dropping the Date values again. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.