Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

paulwasit
Frequent Visitor

Line and stacked column chart - force shared Y-axis

I am using a Line and stacked column chart, and it seems that lines and columns have independent Y-axes. 

The start & end values automatically align when the range is similar between lines and columns, but not when there are large discrepancies.

I know that I can manually add custom start & end values, but the graph would not scale properly when filters are applied. 

Is there a way to force a shared Y-axis?

8 REPLIES 8
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@paulwasit is this continious?  have you tried changing it to log?

post a pic of the issue that is helpful

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

@vanessafvg it is continuous; my X-axis are dates.

The following image shows my problem: it seems that line and column have the same values, but only because they do not have the same Y-axis range,

Capture.PNG

I would like them to have a shared Y-axis, so the comparison is easy even when filters are applied. 

@paulwasit can you show a screen shot of how you placing them on the visual?  might be easier to share your pbix if you can

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

@vanessafvg I cannot share my pbix but here is the capture of my settings. I have fixed the start values of both Y-axes at zero but not the end values as they need to rescale when filters are applied.

Capture.PNG

Under Y-Axis (Column), scroll down and ensure that Show Secondary is set to OFF

It will work only if you do not force start of both y axis at 0

Anonymous
Not applicable

It Worked for me Thanks 

Anonymous
Not applicable

The same problem here, but this work. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.