Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SivaMani
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Line and stacked area chart

Hello Team,

Is it the visual possible in Power BI?

or 

Is there any custom visual like this?

Line and Stacked Area.PNG

Thanks,

Siva

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @SivaMani,

Based on my research, there is no such a default visual to achieve your requirement in current Power BI report. If you are an expert on coding, you could create your own visual to achieve this requirement. 
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-custom-visuals-getting-started-with-develo...

Regards,

Charlie Liao

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
mytradesuyog

@SivaMani ,  Yes, it's possible. Please try using "Error Bars" 

mytradesuyog_2-1690797565109.png

v-srgoda
Frequent Visitor

Hi All, 

Import "PowerKPI" custom visual from market place, it will help us to fulfill the requirement.

Hi - I've downloaded this but cant get the areas to stack. Is this possible?

Yes, you've the option to customise the series.
1.click on power KPI visual
2. Go to format visual
3. Under the line option, you've the option to customise the series , either you can set it to area or just leave it as a line.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot!! I had tried done this using a line chart above an area chart...but i prefer your suggest

@v-srgoda wrote:
Yes, you've the option to customise the series.
1.click on power KPI visual
2. Go to format visual
3. Under the line option, you've the option to customise the series , either you can set it to area or just leave it as a line.

Thank you for the reply, however I have 1 value set to line and then the other 2 set to area but they are not stacking (they are overlaying)

I wonder if there has been any improvement on this topic? I have almost identical case where I would need to have a stacked area chart with a line overlapping the area chart (with same scale though, no need for separate Y axis scaling). Stacking different visuals (stacked area chart + a line chart) isn't much of a solution, as it kills at least some of the hover features and also makes it harder to pin the visuals on a live dashboard, where you can't stack the visuals on top of each other.

v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @SivaMani,

Based on my research, there is no such a default visual to achieve your requirement in current Power BI report. If you are an expert on coding, you could create your own visual to achieve this requirement. 
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-custom-visuals-getting-started-with-develo...

Regards,

Charlie Liao

@v-caliao-msft@rajulshah

Thank you!

rajulshah
Super User
Super User

Hello,

You cannot do it with area chart. Even no custom visual supports it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.