Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Quiny_Harl
Resolver I
Resolver I

Line and column chart with 2 lines shown on different axis

Quiny_Harl_0-1621161290627.png

I would like the purple line values on the left axis, along with the bar values, and the red line values on the right axis. Power BI allows all line measures to be shown only on a single axis which in my case doesn't work because the red line values are miniscule compared to the purple line values and appear at the bottom. It is a super simple feature and it is disappointing that Power BI doesn't have it.

Is there a workaround solution for this?

2 REPLIES 2
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Quiny_Harl ,

If you can't accept the built-in 'Line and column chart' of Power BI Desktop or @dkaushik 's solution, then try to use a custom visual.

Business Apps – Microsoft AppSource

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

dkaushik
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @Quiny_Harl ,

If you really need to achieve this, you can create a line chart and put it on top of this one with bachground turned off and transparency 100%. You'd also need to make the axis static by defining start and end values under formatting pane. There would be many other formatting settings that you need to take care of as you progress through it.

Thanks,

Dheeraj
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution and give thumbs up to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.