Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DodoL
Regular Visitor

Line and clustered column chart - dynamic color change for column

Hi all,

I have  Line and clustered column chart - it shows several columns (January, February etc...) with some specific value/amount. I have also visible a Line, which shows expected plan for each month.

Source of data is excel.

What I want to achieve is, to set up dynamic functionality - if amount value in specific month is more than XY, display this column for example in red and if it is less than value XY, show this column in green collor.

Conditional formating is not available for this type of chart + mentioned XY values are stored in separated column (they are read from the source data - excel, it is the first column on the picture with name Farba which means color) which is hidden (or not displayed). But these XY data/ conditions can be changed or each added as time go for upcoming month (manually changed in source excel).

screen.png

Can anyone give any advice please?

Many thanx in advance.

Dodo

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Dodo,

There is a workaround for this scenario. Please refer to the description below and the demo in the attachment.

1. Add a custom column, "Legend".

Legend = if([Skutocnost]>[Farba], 1, 0)

Line-and-clustered-column-chart-dynamic-color-change-for-column

2. Add the "Legend" to the legend field.

Line-and-clustered-column-chart-dynamic-color-change-for-column2

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @DodoL

The reason for the difference in the formula could be that @v-jiascu-msft added his column as a DAX calculated column and you added yours using Power Query with the M formula language.

/sdjensen

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Dodo,

There is a workaround for this scenario. Please refer to the description below and the demo in the attachment.

1. Add a custom column, "Legend".

Legend = if([Skutocnost]>[Farba], 1, 0)

Line-and-clustered-column-chart-dynamic-color-change-for-column

2. Add the "Legend" to the legend field.

Line-and-clustered-column-chart-dynamic-color-change-for-column2

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Dale,

thank you very much. It works.

I've just change a bit your formula 

if([Skutocnost]>[Farba], 1, 0)

to

if [Skutocnost]>[Farba] then 1 else 0

because power BI didn't accepted your one. But funny is that I was able to open your pbix file with your syntax, but I was not able to copy it without error to my new pbix document.

Anyway, you helped me a lot. Thank you.

Best regards

Dodo

Hi @DodoL

The reason for the difference in the formula could be that @v-jiascu-msft added his column as a DAX calculated column and you added yours using Power Query with the M formula language.

/sdjensen

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.