Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Line and clustered column chart Issue - y axis line adds 1 to data value

For some reason, Power BI is adding the value 1.0 to the y axis line measure in my line and clustered chart. 

The picture below models the same value as the y axis black columns (the correct value) and as the yellow y axis line (correct value + 1.0). 

The yellow highlighted numbers in the table include the added "1.0" value. 

Just strange ... but I am new to Power BI, so it is likely user newbeness at work.

Capture.PNG

Thank you,

Mark

4 REPLIES 4
cjayaneththi
Helper I
Helper I

what is the formula for count?

Anonymous
Not applicable

The 1st formula is the one being modeled in the original post:

Total_Submission_Count_Change = IF(ISblank([Total_Submission_Count_LY]), BLANK(), DIVIDE([Total_Submission_Count],[Total_Submission_Count_LY]))

These formulas below built to the above formula:

Total_Submission_Count_LY = CALCULATE([Total_Submission_Count],SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR(Arrive_Date[Arrive_Date]))

Total_Submission_Count = SUM(SubsAndContracts[Submission_Count])

Submission_Count = 1 ( Calculation Column)

Hi @Anonymous

It seems you may try to use measure to get Submission_Count. It's better you could share your sample file which could reproduce your scenario and your desired output. You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here or send me via private message.

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great suggestion.  When I get a moment I will give that a go.

In the mean time, as a work around, I will subtract 1.0 from the result to get the correct ratio.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.