Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rahul9731
Frequent Visitor

Line and Stacked column chart

I have to create a 1st chart with the Category on the x-axis and percentage and count on the y-axis. The Bars on the chart needs to be split further into 2 based on the Is_Company field.

I have to create a 2nd chart which will show the data for a specific category yearwise based on the selection on the 1st chart. The Year on the X axis and count on the y-axis for that specific category. So basically the 2nd chart is dependent on the 1st chart and updates when any selection is performed on the 1st charts

I am not able to achieve the 2nd chart functionality and it shows all the category data instead of the one selected on the 1st chart. I am able to achieve this slighlty in a different way by a drilldown into the Is_Company on the x-axis shared with category and then using the tooltip to link it to a different report which is hidden.

Can someone please explain how it can be achieved? 

I have attached the sample data and the visualization how it needs to be look like. For ex - in the below visualization screenshot, I have selected the VL category where Is_Company = 1 but in the 2nd chart, it still shows the data for other categories and Is_Company = 1 whereas I would like it to show the count of only the VL category where Is_Company = 1 by year.

Sample Data.PNGSample Chart.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
rahul9731
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Sheng and apologies for a delay in response. Can you please provide a sample code for your statement :

"write a measure formula to extract the table 1 selection and compare it with table 2 records, and return the tags to filter on the 'visual level filter' to apply filter effects to achieve the chart interactions."

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @rahul9731,

Do these two charts use the same data source? If that is the case, they can't directly achieve the custom filter effect.
I think you need to create a duplicate table without a relationship and use it as the source to create the second chart.
Then you can write a measure formula to extract the table 1 selection and compare it with table 2 records, and return the tags to filter on the 'visual level filter' to apply filter effects to achieve the chart interactions.
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors