Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jitpbi
Post Patron
Post Patron

Line and Stacked column chart datetime values

Hi,

In the line and stacked column chart, I am using datetime on x axis. The each date is visible multiple times on the x axis. Is there any way to show each date on x axis only once, it should not repeat 2 or 3 times?

jitpbi_0-1603545351978.png

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jitpbi 

You could try to build a Date Hierachy by datatime column on X axis. 

In the visual as below, left one use Date hierechy and right one build without Date hierachy.

1.png

Time intelligence feature of powerbi feature will automatically create date hieracrchy for you. You could enable it in option and

need to restart your PowerBi file once to have it enabled.

2.png

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Hi @v-rzhou-msft ,

I am displaying time series data on the line chart, it has different values in 5 minutes interval. So, it shows a single data point ony on the line chart for the whole day when using date hierarchy.

I need to display my entire data for the whole day on this line chart but date should not be repeated on the x-axis. Please suggest any other possible way to achieve this.

Thanks

Hi @jitpbi 

I think you want to aggregate datatime to data in X-axis without aggregating values in line and column charts.

You could add a new column by datatime(only date) and use this column to build a matrix column. Then group two visuals to

achieve your goal.

2.png

My Result:

1.png

Your demand is a good idea, while it is not supported to implement in Power BI currently.

You can submit a new idea and vote up this idea for this function to improve the Power BI : Idea

It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by

other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in

the future.

You can download the pbix file from this link: Line and Stacked column chart datetime values

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Hi @v-rzhou-msft ,

Thank You for the suggestions.

Grouping two visuals doesn't work well when you have few more dates to present on x-axis.

Thanks

Hi @jitpbi 

You can submit a new idea and vote up this idea for this function to improve the Power BI : Idea

Could you mark the helpful reply as the solution ? More people will see this post and they could vote for you idea as well.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.