Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

procyon82
Resolver I
Resolver I

Line and Stacked Column Chart with Slicer

Hi,

Can somebody tell me what I am doing wrong. I am using the Slicer with the Line and Stacked Column Chart and whenever I select more than 1 year it creates skinny columns (see second screenshot). The line is using SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR(Ecommerce[Date]) to show last year's revenue.

Selecting 1 year:

jm5vuPu[1].jpg

Selecting 2 years:

2eerm2Z[1].jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I figured it out.

I used.

Month Year = DATEVALUE(FORMAT([Date],"MMM-YY"))

Changed it to the following fixed it!

Month Year = DATEVALUE(FORMAT([Date],"MMM-YYYY"))

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@procyon82 The issue isn't the selection of the second year, the issue appears to be the final result. It spikes so far off the scale of the other values, so in order to accomodate, the graph shrinks.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

I understand that part. What about the width of the columns? That's what I am questioning...

Staff or Admin will probably be able to give you a better answer, but it is most likely just an internal scaling mechanism due to the spike. 

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

I don't think that's the case. I think it only draws a column on the first day of the month.

Here's what it looks like when you select 2014 and 2015, but I applied a filter to only select January to March for each year to filter out our year end spikes. I also removed the line to make sure that wasn't the problem. I noticed it goes down to 'per day'. Any clue why it is doing that?

uzGBDFP[1].jpg

I figured it out.

I used.

Month Year = DATEVALUE(FORMAT([Date],"MMM-YY"))

Changed it to the following fixed it!

Month Year = DATEVALUE(FORMAT([Date],"MMM-YYYY"))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.