Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Line and Stacked Column Chart - Tableau to Power BI Migration

Hi Experts,

I am migrating one of the existing Tableau dashboard to Power BI and stuck with below. I need to develop the same visual in Power BI. Could you pls help?

Tableau Visual:

negis_0-1637686726590.png

I am able to achieve below but couldn't get the line bubble at the tip of every bar as in Tableau. Please note, the column values and line values are using different measures. Could you pls advise if exactly similar thing can be achieved in Power Bi?

negis_1-1637686849822.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous 

I created a pbix file the same as the image @AlexisOlson provided.

Pbix file in the end.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept them as the solutions to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

Try turning off the secondary y-axis (under the Format pane) so that both columns and dots are plotted on the same scale.

Anonymous
Not applicable

As advised, I have turned off the secondary y-axis, but it didn't solve the problem. Please note, the column and line values are different for each category.

negis_0-1637693693622.png

Ah, I think I get it now.

I don't think it's currently possible to have a regular and inverted axis on the same chart. The closest you could get would probably be with some "cheating" using white columns and extra dimensions and putting them on the same axis like this (too hacky for me to describe in more detail):

AlexisOlson_0-1637695910513.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AlexisOlson Thanks for the hint! Could you please share a sample pbix for the above solution you mentioned? 

Hi @Anonymous 

I created a pbix file the same as the image @AlexisOlson provided.

Pbix file in the end.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept them as the solutions to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks for your help @v-chenwuz-msft @AlexisOlson 

The file got lost but I plotted data that looked like this:

AlexisOlson_0-1637766322161.png

Where the "Green" bar is colored white and the line included only the "Green" values.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.