Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Line and Clustered column chart - works in Excel, not in PowerBI

Hi all,

currently converting our Excel-reports to PowerBI-reports. Now I know not everything can be translated one-on-one, but I currently have this chart in Excel which I would really like to translate as good as possible:

Siepe_0-1656330584359.png

I've managed to recreate the bar-part of this chart quite easily using a 'Clustered column chart' (different figures due to outdated data inside PBI at the moment) - I've added the settings I've used in the 'Visualizations'-part of the chart as well.

Siepe_1-1656330631132.pngSiepe_5-1656330932457.png

I've managed to create the % as well (three seperate measures), so like this:

Siepe_3-1656330841717.pngSiepe_4-1656330870130.png

However: how can I combine these in one chart (or two charts with one behind the other)? I've tried turning the chart into a 'Line and clustered column chart', but somehow it ignores the 'Sales Category' for the markers and groups them together:

Siepe_9-1656331176434.pngSiepe_8-1656331111112.png

My second idea was to put the %-chart 'behind' the value-chart and make the columns completely transparent. I can't seem to make the columns transparent though, only a 'full' color, so this didn't work either.

Does anybody have an idea on how to achieve somethings like the image from Excel in PowerBI?

Thanks for any help!

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , I doubt the line can break. But You can try Line Clustered bar visual with Sorted Axis and Concatenate label off

Concatenate Label off : https://youtu.be/QgI0vIGIOOk

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reaction.
I tried switching the 'Concatenate'-label off as suggested, but sadly nothing changed...

I agree with you that it's probably not possible to 'break' the line - that's why I attempted to turn them into markers, but sadly those operate similar to a line for most purposes...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.