Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pvural
Advocate I
Advocate I

Line and Clustered Column chart YOY comparison

Hello everyone

I can't create this simple chart in PowerBI that I've used in Excel for years.

Line_ClusteredColumnChart.jpg

I created cumulative sales to use on the lines, however cumulative appears as sum of 2016 and 2017 (see below), as opposed to two different lines for each year.

Line_ClusteredColumnChart_PowerBI.jpg

Thank you in advance! 

Petek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @pvural,

Based on test, current 'Line and Clustered Column chart' not support auto analysis your measure and generate multiple lines of each category.

For your requirement, you need to manually write multiple measures for each category or try to submit it to ideas forum.

BTW, if you switch your visual to matrix, it can drill your measure to each categories.

9.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @pvural,

Based on test, current 'Line and Clustered Column chart' not support auto analysis your measure and generate multiple lines of each category.

For your requirement, you need to manually write multiple measures for each category or try to submit it to ideas forum.

BTW, if you switch your visual to matrix, it can drill your measure to each categories.

9.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-shex-msft 

I accepted your multiple measure offer as the solution. Just adding the year specific DAX for those who are interested.

2019 Gross Sales (YTD) = CALCULATE(SUM(YourTable[GrossSales]),FILTER(Date,Date[Year]=2019))

Best regards,

Petek

Thank you for taking the time to respond. It is a little bit frustrating when you can not duplicate simple things you do in Excel.

Regards,

Petek

Hi @pvural,

>>It is a little bit frustrating when you can not duplicate simple things you do in Excel.

Yes, current there are some differences between excel dax formula and power bi dax formula. They all has the specific functions which only work on themselves.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.