Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JorgeAbiad
Helper III
Helper III

Line and Clustered Column Chart cannot display the full year range in the X-axis

Hello PBI experts,

Good day!!

I have created a visualization using Line and Clustered Column chart. In the X-axis I plotted the Year value. The values in the X-axis is can be changed by using a Slicer visual. In the Slicer visual, the range is from 2020-2036. Currently, we only have data until 2030, However, if I would select the yea from 2020 up to 2030, only 2020,2022,2024,2026,2028,2030 are shown in the X-axis. The data for 2021,2023,2025,2027 and 2029 are shown but the years are not shown in the X-axis. Basically, I have here 11 years of data. I noticed that when the values in the X-axis exceed 10, the values in the X-axis is being cropped out. Is this standard behavior of this visual? Is there a possible way to display all 11 year values, considering that it will be expanded when we enter our data for 2031 - 2036?

Thank you!

Missing Year valuesMissing Year values

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @JorgeAbiad ,

Looking at you image appears to me that the axis is on continuos format check the x-axis format and try changing it to categorical instead of continuous.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @JorgeAbiad ,

Change your X-axis in format pane from Continuous scale type to Categorical scale type.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @JorgeAbiad ,

Change your X-axis in format pane from Continuous scale type to Categorical scale type.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Hello @Pragati11 ,

Thank you!! After applying ascending sort, I got what I want to achieved.

Regards,

JorgeAbiad

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @JorgeAbiad ,

Looking at you image appears to me that the axis is on continuos format check the x-axis format and try changing it to categorical instead of continuous.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Hello @MFelix ,

Thank you very much! This is just what I need.

Regards,

JorgeAbiad

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.