Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JCBI1023
Helper III
Helper III

Line and Clustered Column Chart - Line Value Help (With Pictures)

Hello!

I am comparing Fiscal Year GP %.  I created a Fiscal Year Calendar table that looks like this. And I am sorting all my month columns by "FiscalMonthNo". This allows me to compare last year's fiscal year month to this year's fiscal year month.

Calendar Table.png

I also created and added two measured columns to this table:

1) FY2017 Service GP = CALCULATE(SUM('Service GP'[GP]),FILTER('Service GP','Service GP'[Fiscal Year] = "2017"))

2) FY2018 Service GP = CALCULATE(SUM('Service GP'[GP]),FILTER('Service GP','Service GP'[Fiscal Year] = "2018"))

wwwwwwwwww.png

I want to plot the GP % as a line on this chart. Is that possible? Here's a look at my Service GP  % column:

2e2e2e2e.png

if I plot the GP % column as is, I get a "count of GP%:2e2e2eedddd.png

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JCBI1023,  

I think your gp column stored text value, right? If this is a case, I'd like to suggest you convert them to numeric value first.

Current chart not support text value, it will auto summary records by current group.(for text value, it will try to use count or other mode to summary them)

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors