Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jamesg1213

Line and Clustered Column Chart Legend Keeps re-arranging when publishing to web.

Hi All, 

When I go to publish our dashboard I notice that for the Line and Clustered Column Chart the legend keeps re-arranging when I publish this. In the desktop it looks like this (and should stay like this):

clusterandlinegraph.png

But after publishing it to the web the legend changes to this: 

clusterandlinegraph2.png

There doesn't appear to be legend field for this type of graph, and the legend option in formatting appears to be aesthetics only. Does anyone  have any suggestions on where to start and why this might be helping? Not sure if this also helps but this is how the graph is laid out:

clusterandlinegraph3.png

If it also helps 'Total CN & CP' is just a duplication of the 'Volume' Column,  Power BI automatically  cumulates the 'CN' and 'CP' values together.

Any assistance is appreciated, if you need anymore information please let me know. 

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Jamesg1213,

Based on my research, it is a known issue:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Line-and-Clustered-Column-Chart/idi-p/611634

And the problem  will be deployed to Production by Feb 17, 2019.  Hope it could help you.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Jamesg1213,

Based on my research, it is a known issue:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Line-and-Clustered-Column-Chart/idi-p/611634

And the problem  will be deployed to Production by Feb 17, 2019.  Hope it could help you.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I am glad I am not the only one experiencing this issue!

Appreciate the info @v-danhe-msft, very helpful!

Thank you all.

gooranga1
Power Participant
Power Participant

Hi @Jamesg1213

I noticed this behaviour last week as well when publishing. A little annoying as there is no way to change these. On the web it orders the legend by name which is dumb. It should be bars then lines then name like in desktop.

Something has changed because it didn't use to do this.

I tried changing the Style but it made no difference.

legend.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.