Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Line & Stacked chart issue from 2 source of data

Trying to replicate a dashboard created in excel to Power Bi. The chart that I'm trying to replicate is the stacked chart with line (bottom right), that is related to 2 data sources.

Every selection on the slicer you will visualize the line change, corresponding to the "Project", if the "project" selected doesn't correspond to the 2nd data source, the line won't show.

dashboard.jpg

See dummy file: Dashboard dummy file

I create the chart with the calculated tables in Power BI with the relationship but it's not showing the proper information.

dashboard power bi.JPG

First. If I filter by "Project", like the slicer in Excel, it shows the line with data (doesn't supposed to be like that). Second. The data it's not correct.

The "S4A Total" data shows like this table:

summarize s4a total.JPG

The "SAP Total" data shows like this:summarize sap total.JPG

The relationship created is between the "S4A Incident Date" from the first table and the "Created on" of the 2nd table. 

The chart that I want is the one showed in the first image (or dummy file). The line related to the "S4A Total" table and the rest of the data from the "SAP Total" data.

Please help me with that.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

The Dummy file link is expired. Could you update it, please?

If you'd like to filter the visual by Project, there should be a Project dimension table in your scenario. The slicer will be from it. Please check it out.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here it's the dummy file,.

https://infradsaprandi-my.sharepoint.com/:x:/g/personal/martinezce_transfieldservices_com/ETa60VVPWv...

In power BI the tables had the Project dimension (the relation it's from those 2 columns). The slicer haven't crated yet.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Can you share the dummy .pbix file, please? Because the data in the .pbix file is different from the Excel file, which is in a single table.

You need a new measure in your scenario.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.