Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pedanticpad
Helper II
Helper II

Line & Column Chart - Measure Works as a Column, not as a Line?

Hi,

I have a measure (Measure1) that is working perfectly as the column in the line/column combo chart to give the forecasted utilisation of each area.  I tired to create a 2nd measure that I was going to use as a line on the chart (set up to just display the data label) to call out where the forecasted utilisation is over 100%.  This wouldn't work but I tracked the issue back to the original measure.  If I use Measure1 as the line it seems to ignore the areas and calculate an overall utilisation % instead of utilisation by area.  See below graphs where the utilisation is calculating as 112% for Fri, Dec 11 when used as a column but 18% if the measure is used as the line.  Does anyone know where I am going wrong?

Note: I only have one area displaying at the moment, there will be 4 areas per day

Measure1:

ForecastedUtilisation% = sum(Table1[Est_TotalMinutes]) / MAX(Table2[MinsPerDay])

Measure2:

TargetUtilisationHighlight = if ( [ForecastedUtilisation%] > 1, [ForecastedUtilisation%], 0)

Measure1 used as a bar:

image.png

Measure1 used as a line:

image.png

1 REPLY 1
littlemojopuppy
Community Champion
Community Champion

It seems there isn't any data for Dec 10 so it's not drawing a line

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.