Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hesselvdk
Regular Visitor

Line Stacked column chart right y-asstartpoint isn't correct

Hi,

I have a problem with the right Y-Axis. The Y-Axis start at 0, but I thought auto will automatically choose the right start and end Y-Axis. I can change the start Y-Axis to 0.00020000, but than I have to change the start Y-Axis if the value is lower than 0.00020000.

Is there are other way that start: auto works correct for the Y-Axis? Or is this a issue in Power BI desktop?

PowerBIProblem.png

1 REPLY 1
v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@Hesselvdk

First, you should know that if you choose Y-Axis starts as Auto. By default, Power BI will display the Y-Axis as starting at 0. This is by design.

Then in your scenario, why do you think that the start of Y-Axis is wrong? There exists blank spaces. Does this mean there are 0 values in your chart?

And as you said that you can change the start Y-Axis to 0.00020000, but then you have to change the start Y-Axis if the value is lower than 0.00020000. This also means that you don’t know the exact start of Y-Axis. Right?

So in my opinion, the best choice for you to set the start of Y-Axis is still 0. Also, I would suggest you that you can submit an Idea for improving the visual auto-scale feature at Ideas .

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.