Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Line Graph with color trend

Hi  

I am trying to create a time series chart to plot the watch category of different projects over time. The data I have is in the below format. data set.jpgWatch graph.jpg I am looking to make a graph as included in the second pic, if that color coding is not possible, still a line graph would do. Seeking help in this regard.

Thanks and Regards,

Shiva 

4 REPLIES 4
mussaenda
Super User
Super User

I think this is possible using conditional formatting under format page.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mussaenda wrote:

I think this is possible using conditional formatting under format page.

I couldnt find options over there, moreover the challenge I am facing is that both the x and y axis has categorical values.. in this case, x axis is a weekly timeline and y axis is a category. Usually line graphs come with Y axis as numerical values and there would be a mathematical operation that can be performed. 

Thanks,

Shiva 

Sorry, upon checking, the line graph visual doesn't have the conditional formatting. Sorry about that.

Yes, for y axis numerical values are only accepted.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mussaenda wrote:

Sorry, upon checking, the line graph visual doesn't have the conditional formatting. Sorry about that.

Yes, for y axis numerical values are only accepted.

@mussaenda no worries, the challenge is that I need to draw a trend when Y axis is also categorical, but am unable to figure our a logic and build a DAX statement for the same. I wouldnt really worry too much if I am unable to do the color coding as long as the preliminary problem statement is solved. 

Thanks again for your suggestions and efforts.

Regards,

Shiva 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.