Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Line Charts - Dynamically changing decimal points in accordance with rules, not data values

Hi all

Apologies in advance if I am missing something very obvious. Is this possible with a standard Power BI Line Chart visualization?

I have a single line chart displaying data for 3 different countries. The data distribution is very uneven.

Country1 has a range from 0 to 1

Country2 has a range from 0 to 1500

Country3 has a range from 0 to 1m

The Country being displayed is selected by a slicer. I want to show all three countries using the same chart.

The challenge is with the indicators on the Y-Axis.

When I switch on the <AUTO> for the <Value Decimal Places>, the line chart will automatically change the decimals as follows:

Country1 - 1 decimal

Country2 - 0 decimals

Country3 - 0 decimals

So far, so good

However, we want to force the Y-Axis indicators on the line chart to display the decimals as follows, depending on the country selected on the slicer:

Country1 - 2 decimals, e.g. 0.50

Country2 - 1 decimal, e.g. 800.5

Country3 - 3 decimals, e.g. 800 000.000

Note: the data points cannot change. We just need the Y-Axis indicators to change

Changing the <Value Decimal Places> sets the decimals for all the countries.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Kind Regards

BernardNie

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , you can change the number format using the format function, but that will make it as text.

I doubt any other option to control the format, as of now

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi amitchandak

Thanks for reaching out. 

Yes, the FORMAT() will give me that functionality, but only for the data points I think, not for the indicators on the Y-Axis? 

The labels will not necessarily coincide with specific data points, but will just indicate ranges. 

Any ideas?

Thanks!

BernardNie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.