Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Line-Chart

Hi Community

I've tried to create a PowerBi report. The Report is connected to a SharePoint-List. The List have a column "status", with two values "new" and "closed".

Now I've tried to create a Line Chart, who shows the List-items. Finally it should show, how many items are created per month, and how many are closed.

Details:

So, I can filter the elements with status "closed". That’s working. But the items with status "new" are not working as expected. The "problem" is that, it shows the total of the items with status "new". But what I want is a total of created items per month.

It should look like this:

powerBi.jpg

So purple is a total of all created (new) items per month, and yellow are the closed ones per month.

I Think another thing is that when the status changed to closed, the reporting should show this item in the current month. (so I can't use the created field from sharepoint, maybe the modify column? or new one)

Do I need to create a measure for that?

Thanks for your help

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Here I made a sample like this.

1.png

In the sample I created two measures to achieve the goal.

Close = CALCULATE(COUNT(Table1[Status]),FILTER(Table1,Table1[Status]="closed"))
new = CALCULATE(COUNT(Table1[Status]),FILTER(Table1,Table1[Status]="new"))

Here is the result for your reference.

2.png

For more details, please check the pbix as attached. If it doesn’t meet your requirement, kindly share you sample data to me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lba582729qiu74x/Line-Chart2.pbix?dl=0

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Frank

Thanks for your solution. For me i think it is not the right one. Because with this measure it just count the actual status (new or closed).

- I should have one that counts the created items per month (that could be status new, or closed. For example: in Jan we create a item and close it after a week. So your measure doesnt count this to new...).

- The other line in the chart should show just the closed ones (i think for that is your measure good 😉 )

You can imagine it like a IT ticket system, you wanna know, how many tickets were opened last month....and how many closed...

I hope I could explain it better 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.