Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Line Chart with a two axis

Hi guys, 

Is it possible to create a line chart like this?

dmkblesser_0-1610340140758.png

show data label for the first axis and show one or even don't show the data label for the second one in this case is 85%? 

Or any custom visuals can do that? 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry for the late reply. Currently, the best display method can only be as follows. Modifying the measure in Data labels will not display the value of the second data label.

v-henryk-mstf_0-1611046648443.png

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

It can be achieved directly by creating a line chart. According to your request, I created a similar data model, and then just add a straight line to the max point in Analytics.

v-henryk-mstf_0-1610502401604.jpeg

v-henryk-mstf_1-1610502411946.png

It should be noted that "show items with no data" is checked, otherwise the following error will occur.

v-henryk-mstf_2-1610502420612.png

v-henryk-mstf_3-1610502427608.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Henry, also I don't see any analytics option for line and clusted column chart and line and stacked column chart. How can we draw the similar charts with those two? (a horizontal line with column charts)

Thank you!

Hi @Syndicate_Admin  @Anonymous ,

You can check if my reply just now can help you solve the problem.

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Henry,

Thanks for your reply. It looks closer to what I want to achieve. However, in my example, the 85% is a separate measure. it is in a different data set than the main line charts. Is it still possible?

Hi @Anonymous ,

This is feasible. The following is my test: I created a measure, added it to the value of the visual, and showed the same result.

v-henryk-mstf_0-1610528339178.pngv-henryk-mstf_1-1610528346275.png

Here is the sample pbix file.

If you still can’t solve problem, can you provide relevant sample pbix files or detailed data and information so that I can do an accurate test. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

Hi Henry, but this shows 85 mulitiple times for the horizontal line. All I'm asking for is show both lines but show all the data labels for the curved line and only one data label for the straight line.

The max line method works if we can add another measure to repesent the straight line. Hopefully this makes sense

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-henryk-mstf Sorry Henry, the problem is not solved. Please see the above reply. 

Thanks 

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry for the late reply. Currently, the best display method can only be as follows. Modifying the measure in Data labels will not display the value of the second data label.

v-henryk-mstf_0-1611046648443.png

Best Regards,
Henry

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak, my apologise that I didn't make my question clear. 

The screenshot I put there has two lines on the chart. We can see that the data label shows up for each date on the line chart. However for that horizontal line (the green line with value 85%), it only show 85% once, it won't show 85% for each date. Is there a way to achieve that? What happened on my own chart is it shows 85% for each date. 

Thank you 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately mulitple images is not what I'm looking for. The screenshot is actually one chart based on date. It breaks in between because there are some 0 values, and maybe that makes you think it is mulitple image. 

@Anonymous , Line visual with Categorical Axis Type.

A measure like If([Measure] =0, blank(), measure)

Axis_type.png

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.