Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Line Chart with Individual Performance vs Average Team Performance

Hi,

I've been using Power BI Pro to try and build an employee performance dashboard. I currently have the employee data as; Employee Table(UserID, Name, Supervisor, Manager, Cost Center) and the KPI that I'm measuring, eg. daily sales stored as DailySales Table(Date, UserID, Sales). I've been trying to figure out a way to have a line chart where if a slicer were used to select a particular employee, then the chart will display two lines; one to display the employees sales trend, and the other will display the average sales for their respective supervisor. 

The idea is that the employee or their supervisor should be able to compare the employee's performance against the overall team average. 

I've been using Power BI Pro for over a month now and have generally been able to find what I've been looking for here pretty easily, but this problem has me stumped! Would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction or let me know if I'm missing something.

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nevermind, I've figured it out! I created another measure that ignores the slicer selection and calculates the average. Adding it to the chart works exactly like I was hoping it would.

Here's the link to where I found the solution if someone else is looking for a solution to a similar problem:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/how-to-ignore-slicer-in-calculate/td-p/453682

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nevermind, I've figured it out! I created another measure that ignores the slicer selection and calculates the average. Adding it to the chart works exactly like I was hoping it would.

Here's the link to where I found the solution if someone else is looking for a solution to a similar problem:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/how-to-ignore-slicer-in-calculate/td-p/453682

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.