Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

markbell
Frequent Visitor

Line Chart not correctly filtering other visualizations

I have a report that has some Line and Stacked Column Charts and some tables that show the diversity of people at our business over a period of time.

Normal.png

The problem I have is that if I click on one of the columns (either for "My Company" or "Others"), it filters the tables and other charts correctly as per the screenshot below.

Bar Chart Selected.png

If I click on the line on the same chart for the same date, it doesn't filter the tables and other charts for just that date, it filters it across all dates displaying the wrong values in the table and highlighting the incorrect columns in the other charts.

Line Chart selected.png

I'm a little confused as I believe that my measure is correct as it returns the correct values for the columns.

Thanks, Mark.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AtikurRahman
Frequent Visitor

Your logic is fine. Line charts often used for the purpose of showing data to information over the course of time (days, weeks, months years etc) whereas because you have clicked on a specific date within a month, it is showing the value you have specified. You'll find that when you click multiple dates (holding CTRL) you'll be able to see better use of the line chart.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AtikurRahman
Frequent Visitor

Your logic is fine. Line charts often used for the purpose of showing data to information over the course of time (days, weeks, months years etc) whereas because you have clicked on a specific date within a month, it is showing the value you have specified. You'll find that when you click multiple dates (holding CTRL) you'll be able to see better use of the line chart.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.