Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sopanda
Frequent Visitor

Line Chart Visual with Visble Vertical Lines

Hello,

I'm currently using the line chart visual with the forecasting feature to predict when work would be finished for different teams in our ADO system. I want to be able to have vertical line at different dates which would indicate if a team be on track to that line or will miss it.

For example here is what I have. The Y axis are how many task open and the X axis is the date. The forecasting says that this team should finished all task by 7/12. What I want to do is put a vertical line at lets say 6/1 and also 7/1 with label that represent what they are. Is this possible with this visual?

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

HI @Sopanda ,

It is still not possible to create a vertical line in a visual, as a workaround, we can create a measure or use a shape to display this line:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Reference-Line-on-x-axis/td-p/91356.

Best Regards,

Teige

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

HI @Sopanda ,

It is still not possible to create a vertical line in a visual, as a workaround, we can create a measure or use a shape to display this line:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Reference-Line-on-x-axis/td-p/91356.

Best Regards,

Teige

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.