Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kopek
Helper III
Helper III

Line Chart Shadow area

Hi,

Are we able to somehow have the shadow area in the line chart ?

I have produced below chart:

Linechart.jpg

But ideally we would like to colour the dotted lines areas, something like below (purple line should be a line only!):

LinechartNEW.jpg

So it is something like having a area chart combined with the line chart.
Are you aware about any solutions to this ? 
any tips or tricks are welcome! 🙂

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Tahreem24
Super User II
Super User II

@Kopek  Did you try Area Chart like below?

Capture.PNG

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, and Sales Analysis Report

@Tahreem24 yes, i did try this, but with area chart purple line will not be the line, but would have a shadow area as well...
i need purple line to be a line on grey area... just testing overlying the line chart on area chart.

Hi @Kopek ,

Based on my research, there is no such default visual to achieve your requirement in current Power BI visual. If you are good at coding, you could create your own custom visual to achieve this requirement. 
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-custom-visuals-getting-started-with-develo...

Best Regards,
Kelly

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Power BI Dev Camp - June 24th

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors