Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rashel2002
Helper II
Helper II

Line Chart- Multiple Lines Each Based on different table i created

Hi Everyone!

I would like to create one Line Chart which based on two different tables (each of them was created from a different query).

there is a way to extract data from two different tables? until now i succeeded to extrct data from one table only, and now i want to merge those two line-chart i got, into one line-chart.

example-

Currently i have those tables-

Capture2.PNG

PLEASE PAY ATTENTION- i'm looking for a different solution then editing those queries (which are the source of each table i created) into one query!

all i want is create one line from one table, and another line from the second table.

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I believe what you want is a third table with just your DISTINCT WW's in it. You then would relate that table to your other two tables and use the WW column from this third table as your axis in your line chart.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @rashel2002,

Could you please mark the proper answers as solutions or share the answers?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
rashel2002
Helper II
Helper II

I solved it! thanks.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I believe what you want is a third table with just your DISTINCT WW's in it. You then would relate that table to your other two tables and use the WW column from this third table as your axis in your line chart.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

How do i creat the third table? I need to extract the WW column from one of the queries (as i said i have 2 queries and i created a tables from each of them[two table in total as in the example]). If i choose one of the queries, then when i'll try to put the data from the table made from the other query, it will show a straight line.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.