Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Line Chart: Months order over two years.

Hi folks!

I am not sure whether this is an actual sorting problem, but the line chart gives me a strange indication.

I have a Year, Quarter and Month Slicer in which multiple selections can be made. In the current month managers want to look at Q4 2017 and Q1 2018 performance, ideally on a mothly level. Not a problem when I take columns, but when I want it to show as a line chart it seems to make a strange connection from the first to the last month (direct):
Capture.PNG

Also, the issue only appears when I expand all down one hierarchy (logically, as I do not want the order to mix up by selecting the simple drilldown).

Numbers are in percent and formatted as such.

Anyone have an idea?

Thanks for the help!

1 REPLY 1
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi  @Anonymous,

I have a Year, Quarter and Month Slicer in which multiple selections can be made. In the current month managers want to look at Q4 2017 and Q1 2018 performance, ideally on a mothly level. Not a problem when I take columns, but when I want it to show as a line chart it seems to make a strange connection from the first to the last month (direct):

From the line chart, it do show the values in the months in Q4 2017 and Q1 2018.

I have not find the problem. By my test, I also have the similar Month order.

Capture.PNG

What is your expected output?

If it is convenient, could you share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the scenario and your desired output, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors