Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

EnochS
Helper II
Helper II

Line Chart Glitch

Hello,

For some reason my report is glitching out i'm not sure what to do about it.. One of the random dates is out of place..

Ratio Report Glitch.JPG

If you can help me figure this one out, it would be much appreciated..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

@EnochS

Hi, maybe change Week to Type Number instead of Text

Lima - Peru

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

@EnochS

Hi, maybe change Week to Type Number instead of Text

Lima - Peru

@Vvelarde,

Thanks. It seems to be resolved now.

Thanks for contributing as well @CahabaData.

CahabaData
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

I see the data in the (CC) column/field becomes blank....  I think that may be your issue

www.CahabaData.com

@CahabaData,

Thanks for the post. Unfortunately, I need this to be a null value since there is nothing written yet. The thing is, it was working fine earlier. Before, the "Date" field would not allow me to switch to a hierarchy field until i saved it and restarted the application. But then this happened.. 

When I press "Sort By Goal" it is fixed, but only works properly when the graph is in reverse order..

Ratio Report Glitch 2.jpg

if 0, rather than null, would result in the correct visual - - you don't have to make the change permanent to the original column.  You can create a measure or a new calculated column just for the purpose to use it in the visual without contaminating the actual column/field itself.....

this is working at the data level

since you note that it worked before but not currently - -check out the visual level design options - as I don't have desktop opened at the moment I'm not sure - but in your visual design pane on right side - check the options for that field - possibly there is an ability at the visual level to deal with nulls differently.....

www.CahabaData.com

Its working now.. for some reason...

I just added an index number to it, which i've done before already with the same issue, and then this time it decided to work..

Seems like either bad design on my part or a software glitch...

Ratio Report Glitch fixed.JPG

BUT.. now the bottom X-Axis Labels do not concatinate the year like before.. It's not really as much of an issue if the graph is correct... although it would be nice to have this glitched resolved.. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors