Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

zeke101
Helper II
Helper II

Line Chart - Change color of line based on a give date

Hello,

I have 2 data sets - the first dataset contains the raw data that I want counted in the line chart.  The data contains multiple sites and we are trying to count the effectiveness of a new algorithm that was released on a certain date.  So my 2nd dataset contains the site and the date of the change of the algorithm.  I'm wanting the visual to show different colors on the trendline depending upon when the algorithm was deployed. 

Example: If site ABC123 had the new algorithm deployed on 10/15/2021 all the volume prior to 10/15/2021 would be black and everything on or after 10/15/2021 would be red. 

zeke101_0-1639174491567.png

3 REPLIES 3
zeke101
Helper II
Helper II

So I was able to figure out how to do a color change for one line........

zeke101_0-1639495663253.png

but when trying to add 2 lines, I lose the conditional formatting.

zeke101_1-1639495945048.png

Is there a way to do both lines? or just create some sort of indicator on that date with both lines (doesnt necessarily need to be a color change) ? 

VijayP
Super User
Super User

@zeke101 

Is this you want

VijayP_0-1639197580178.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

@VijayP 

Yes, something similar --- each "Zone(Location)" has a date and so based on that date, I need the color of the graph to change similar to how you show in your screenshot. It needs to be dynamic as there are multiple dates for specific "Zone(Location)". 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.