Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

Limited memory - settings optimisation

I am working with a customer who currently has limited memory - 4gb to be  exact (patience argh!)

I took an extremely clunky model and reduced it from 20  mb to 2mb but now it keeps crashing (when it wasnt before)

do bidirectional relationships have an impact on memory, i know that's probably a silly questions as i am sure it does.

do you have any tips on how to improve the performance via the settings

1. Ive changed it to ignore privacy settings

2. Removed auto detect relationships 

is there anything else you think can assist here with optimising the memory?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

For anyone who is interested point 2 on this previous post solved the issue

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Microsoft-Mashup-Evaluation-Container-is-killing-my-box-Pow...

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

For anyone who is interested point 2 on this previous post solved the issue

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Microsoft-Mashup-Evaluation-Container-is-killing-my-box-Pow...

Sunkari
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi thanks for the response @Sunkari had pretty much implemented all of the design performance techniques i was looking for something to help with the settings and the post i posted resolved it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.