Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bdehning
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Limit white space when printing BI Reports

What Canvas Settings or other BI Settings do I need to mimimze white space when printing reports?

When I print a report with pages created by corporate, the printed pages have no more than 1/8 inch of white space around the entire printed page.   

For the BI Report that I am creating and after I export it to PDf and print I can get no closer than a 1/2 inch white space.   

What am I missing? 

2 REPLIES 2
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @bdehning 

Currently you can only manually resize the page and fine-tune the position of objects on the report canvas to limit whitespace.

It is recommended to select 'Actual Size' to display content at full size then you can customize the actual page size on page format pane. It allows you to better fine tune the position of objects on the report canvas.

veasonfmsft_0-1653897223775.png

veasonfmsft_1-1653897280758.png

Please refer to this diocument for more details.

Apply page display settings in a Power BI report 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

I have gotten close with View Actual Size and Canvas Setting Custom.  I used 980 by 1280 and middle.  Still not as close to edge as another PDF POwer Bi Report I print and can not see their settings.  The other report I print as margains of 5/16"

Any suggestions on how to eliminate a litle more white space?  

I currently PDF print and have White Margins L - 10/16", Top - 8/16", R - 13/16" and Bottom - 11/16".

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.