Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Limit on the number of columns in Table and Matrix visuals

What is the limit on number of columns that are displayed in the table and matrix visuals in Power BI? 
Is it 255 columns or 500 columns? 
Which is number after which the visual will not let me scroll horizontally? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

As this post said, the matrix doesn't support so many columns. It seems to support up to 100 columns. It won't show all these column values.  As a workaround, you could consider insert a slicer to dynamically filter matrix columns.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Too-many-values-Not-showing-all-data-in-Matrix/td-p/412759

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

As this post said, the matrix doesn't support so many columns. It seems to support up to 100 columns. It won't show all these column values.  As a workaround, you could consider insert a slicer to dynamically filter matrix columns.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Too-many-values-Not-showing-all-data-in-Matrix/td-p/412759

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I can confirm as at this date 09/23/2021 the matrix visual is still limited to 100 columns.
I ended with this result as I added in the columns placeholder the a 'Day of Year' values from 1 to 365 but only the first 100 days have been shown.

Regards,
Mehdi HAMMADI
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes this is correct and I verified it today, they have to increase to 500 or something.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi kishanbhaip,

This is upto 1 GB of data can a visual holds. we can't say how many columns and records. It's upto the user but all together should be below 1 GB.

Regards,

Pradeep

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.