Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

djbuncle
Helper I
Helper I

Limit drill-through report options

Hi. 

I was just wondering whether there's a way to limit which drill-through reports are available when right-clicking on a particular visual (to select the report). The issue is that I have serveral drill-through pages in a report, however some don't actually make sense for the user to drill through-to from a particular visual, yet they still show as an option.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
MicahDF
Frequent Visitor

One possible work-around for this is to create duplicates of the fields that are used for the drill-through filters and then only use those fields in a particular context.

For example, let's say you have drill-throughs for an "Expense" report and a "Revenue" report that are based off the account name, but you only want to show the Expense drill-through on your Expense summary visual and you only want to show the Revenue drill-through on your Revenue summary visual. To get that behavior create duplicates of your account name and call one "Account_Name_Expense" and the other "Account_Name_Revenue". Only use Account_Name_Expense in your expense drill-through and visuals and only use Account_Name_Revenue in your revenue drill-through and visuals. To users the displays show the identical account names, but the drill through options will be different.

This is still just a workaround and I encourage people to vote for the suggestion to make a proper drill-through control.

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @djbuncle ,

Your demand is a good idea, while there is no such way to limit drill-through report options in Power BI currently. You can post your new idea in Idea Forum , add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner. As a workaround, you may deleted the extra drill through pages.

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I see someone has recommended this feature as well, so I'll up-vote him!

For others looking to vote, go here: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/37479514-drill-through-choose-the...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.