Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Limit Slicer Criteria

Hello,

I have a data set which includes various employees who are no longer with the company. I am filtering my visual by employee, and would like to have only active employees in the slicer criteria.

I have tried filtering the data set, and the filtered employees continue to show in the slicer criteria. 

I don't want to delete the data of the old employees, in case I need to reference in the future. 

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DoubleJ
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

You could set up a report wide Filter that filters the inactive emplyoees. That way these emplyoees will not appear in the slicer or any other visual but are still there if you need them in the future.

pbi.png

Hope this helps!

JJ

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DoubleJ
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

You could set up a report wide Filter that filters the inactive emplyoees. That way these emplyoees will not appear in the slicer or any other visual but are still there if you need them in the future.

pbi.png

Hope this helps!

JJ

Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect! Thank you for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.