Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TBenders
Helper II
Helper II

Limit Endless X-Axis to date

Hi there,

I have a couple of graphs which gets values from measure in the future. Because of this, graphs go on endlessly. My field of business is Recruitment and I have added formula-examples that I'm using, but with fictional data for demonstration.

2 examples

1. Graphs include measures with "+ 0" in it so timepoints with no data also get plotted as a 0 instead of an interupted line.

Candidates Contacted = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(FILTER('Applications';'Applications'[Status] = "Contacted"))) +0

dates in future1.jpg
  2. I use the following formula for running totals by date. Because I also want to count vacancies that are still open now and dont have a 'CloseDate' yet, I'm using The ISBLANK is to also count all vacancies that are still open:

Open Vacancies by Date = CALCULATE(
     DISTINCTCOUNT(Vacancies[Vacancy ID]);
         FILTER(Vacancies;
             Vacancies[OpenDate] <= LASTDATE(CalendarDisconnected[Date]) &&
             (Vacancies[CloseDate] >= FIRSTDATE(CalendarDisconnected[Date]) ||
             ISBLANK(Vacancies[CloseDate]))
    ))

dates in future.jpg

The only way I know of to have the X-Axis end on the current month is to use a month-filter and manually move it forward 1 month on the 1st of each month. Using a report-level filter is not an option for my situation, so I'm doing this on page level. This is timeconsuming because of the large number of pages.

Is there a way around this by changing my measures so it doesnt have any data in the future and the X-Axis automaticly ends on the current date?

Thanks a lot for taking the time to help!

Tom 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @TBenders,

In this scenario, you can add a IF statement to tell if the date on X-Axis is less or equal that current date(TODAY()) first, then show the value you want accordingly. The formula below is for your reference.Smiley Happy

Candidates Contacted =
IF (
    MAX ( CalendarDisconnected[Date] ) <= TODAY ();
    CALCULATE (
        COUNTROWS ( FILTER ( 'Applications'; 'Applications'[Status] = "Contacted" ) )
    )
        + 0
)

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @TBenders,

In this scenario, you can add a IF statement to tell if the date on X-Axis is less or equal that current date(TODAY()) first, then show the value you want accordingly. The formula below is for your reference.Smiley Happy

Candidates Contacted =
IF (
    MAX ( CalendarDisconnected[Date] ) <= TODAY ();
    CALCULATE (
        COUNTROWS ( FILTER ( 'Applications'; 'Applications'[Status] = "Contacted" ) )
    )
        + 0
)

Regards

Thanks a lot!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.