cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pankajkumar333

Licensing

Currently I have power bi pro license and I am embedding my report using service principal into my web application. Is pro license enough to achieve it (including prod environment) or do i need premium license. There is also powerBI embed I what case we need powerbBI embed license and how it is different from premium and pro licenses.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pankajkumar333,

If you only work for tests, pro licenses may be suitable for the embedded feature usages. (it provides some trial tokens for embedded feature usages) If you are working in the production environment, a premium license should be better, it does not limit the token usages.

For the difference between power bi licenses, you can take a look at the following link:

Power BI service features by license type - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

In addition, you can also check the following link to know more about power bi premium lincese.

Power BI Premium FAQ - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pankajkumar333,

If you only work for tests, pro licenses may be suitable for the embedded feature usages. (it provides some trial tokens for embedded feature usages) If you are working in the production environment, a premium license should be better, it does not limit the token usages.

For the difference between power bi licenses, you can take a look at the following link:

Power BI service features by license type - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

In addition, you can also check the following link to know more about power bi premium lincese.

Power BI Premium FAQ - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@pankajkumar333 , with Power BI pro, you can not integrate RLS with your application. Also, parameters are visual in the URL, you can not pass them hidden.

In case plan to control , user and parameter, you need to go for power BI embedded

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!! !!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! Connect on Linkedin
Want To Learn Power BI
Learn Power BI Beginners !! Advance Power BI Concepts !! Power BI For Tableau User !! Learn Power BI in Hindi !!
Proud to be a Super User!
!! Subscribe to my youtube Channel !!

Helpful resources

Announcements
May 23 2022 epsiode 5 without aka link.jpg

The Power BI Community Show

Welcome to the Power BI Community Show! Jeroen ter Heerdt talks about the importance of Data Modeling.

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through June10th!

Power BI Dev Camp Session 22 without aka link and time 768x460.jpg

Check it Out!

Watch Session 22 Ted's Dev Camp along with past sessions!

Power BI Release May 2022 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the May 2022 updates!

Top Kudoed Authors