Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

LaurenceSD
Advocate II
Advocate II

Length of time between bookings

Hi,

I've got an issue i'm trying to solve and i'm not getting very far with it.

I have a table that contains a list of bookings, the date they booked, a unique id for each customer, and what they booked (+ other columns that aren't relevant to this question). What I'm trying to find out is for each customer the average length of time (in days/month/years) between the bookings they have made & then hope to roll that up by what they booked. Can anyone suggest a method of going about creating a measure to solve this? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LaurenceSD ,

Sorry I don't understand your requiremnt only based on your description. Would you please show us sample data and expected output?

Thank you for your support and understanding.

Best regards,

Dedmon Dai

Hi, @v-deddai1-msft thanks for offering to help. I've put some sample data into excel, the blue table is the data, so what I've got is a unique ID for each booking, the date of each booking, a unique id for each guest, the name of the hotel they booked, and name of the product group booked, as well as the name and product group that was their very first booking.

The orange table shows the bookings for one guest and the length of time between each booking, in days, then at the bottom for that guest the average length of time, in days between each booking. This is what I'm wanting to replicate in PBI, so that ideally I can roll it up by Hotel and see if one hotel produces more frequent bookings than another hotel, does this make more sense now?

LaurenceSD_0-1624607763351.png

Hi @LaurenceSD ,

Would you please show the excel file instead of screenshot to us?

Best regards,

Dedmon Dai

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.