Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Legend order on the bar chart vs order on the legend

Currently the legend order on the bar chart is from bottom to top, but on the legend it is top to bottom. If you change the sort order, both of them switch.

(NOTE: this is not the standard custom sort order issue that @Anonymous replied on below - thanks).

There doesn't seem an obvious way to get them consistent: i.e. the order is from bottom to top on both the bar chart and the legend.

See below: yellow value is on the bottom of the bar chart but on the top of the legend!

Capture.JPG

Is there a solution to this? 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've accomplished this by adding a new table for the relevent fields, creating a relationship between the tables and then use a simple DAX expression to sort by your new table. Check out this link, it explains things pretty well. https://www.seerinteractive.com/blog/reorder-powerbi-legend/

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

Thanks for the post, however I don't think that is the solution. This is not a custom sort order issue - that's well documented elsewhere. 

This is that the sort order of the bar chart goes from bottom to top (Developing, Emerging+, Emerging, etc) starting with the light yellow section at the bottom, but the legend goes from top to bottom. 

I want the sections on the bar chart to match the order of the legend, so that the light yellow section on the bar chart is at the top and the legend labels also start with the light yellow blob at the top.

I've updated the original post to emphasise that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had a solution to this? I'm now thinking the only answer is a horizontal legend...

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors