Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dvotf
Frequent Visitor

Legend on map showing all names in all places

Hi all,

I'm trying to throw together a a simple map, but I'm having issues getting it to show the place names correctly. I'm taken a simple csv file with three headings: Name, Latitude, Longitude. Latitude and Longitude both seem to be working fine, with the dot appearing where they should. But when I add in Names (to the Legend section), Power BI shows them all in all locations in a mini pie chart form (screenshot below).

Screenshot of Power BI rendering

Here's the barebones dataset I'm using to test this out:

Name	Longitute	Latitude
Paris	2.343179	48.86206
London	-0.102216	51.51786
Berlin	13.40233	52.50141
Madrid	-3.705769	40.41792
Dublin	-6.261357	53.34379

Has anybody any ideas on why this is happening and how I can work around it?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@dvotf make sure you also drop name field onto size section of the map visual and set it as Count of Name, it should then appear back as normal.

View solution in original post

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @dvotf,

Alternatively, you can drag Name to Location, set the aggregate for Latitude and Longitude to Average in your scenario. Below is the relevant screenshot.
111.png

There is also an article about tips for creating Map in Power BI for your reference.
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-tips-and-tricks-for-power-bi-map-v...

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @dvotf,

Alternatively, you can drag Name to Location, set the aggregate for Latitude and Longitude to Average in your scenario. Below is the relevant screenshot.
111.png

There is also an article about tips for creating Map in Power BI for your reference.
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-tips-and-tricks-for-power-bi-map-v...

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@dvotf make sure you also drop name field onto size section of the map visual and set it as Count of Name, it should then appear back as normal.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.