Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Legend ends with...

Hello everyone,

My text in the legend seems a bit too long and ends with "..." .

I have already set a linebreak with Unichar (10) and actually there is enough space in the line below. Nevertheless the text is not written out completely.

Legend.PNG

Not even the EUR at the end of the line is fully visible, although the text contains only 2 more letters

What can I do here?

Thanks in Advance and BR
Patrick

@

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pascal_KTeam
Resolver I
Resolver I

Unfortunately, there aren't too many formatting settings for legends. You could try to put the legend in a different position or if you increase the overall size of the visual, also the space for the legend will increase. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Pascal_KTeam
Resolver I
Resolver I

Unfortunately, there aren't too many formatting settings for legends. You could try to put the legend in a different position or if you increase the overall size of the visual, also the space for the legend will increase. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've made the visual as big as i can, almost over the whole page with the filters seperate in a slicer panel for more space. It ends still with...
But I reduced the amount of informations shown in the legend and putted additional informations into the tooltip field. It's not perfect, but it's the only way possible i guess.
Thanks for your response 🙂

Using the tooltip to display missing information is a great idea. Hopefully more legend formatting options will be added in the future

Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope so too. Besides the legend issue, it seems not possible to adjust the line chart colour depending on different customer/supplier, right? So that i can say whenever customer x is shown, please set the colour blue or something light that. It is available through the conditional formatting, but not for every type of chart? Do you know something about that?

Conditional formatting of lines isn't available at the moment. But with some creative DAX tricks, you can still conditionally format your chart. Take a look at this article which explains one possibility: https://exceleratorbi.com.au/line-chart-conditional-formatting/

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's fine as it is, even without specific colours. But what i found out today is, that the additional informations in my tooltip only shows the first/last whatever. Sometimes, more than one datapoints are shown in a specific year, or more than just one price. Is it somehow possible to get all tooltips from every datapoint in my line chart?

patibrk_0-1628013651498.png

On screenshot you can see 5 different prices, but only 4 tooltip informations shown. How can i fix that?

Happy to help but your screenshots doesn't help much. Please take the time to prepare a sample file, post it here and i'll show you how to do it.

Pascal_KTeam
Resolver I
Resolver I

what visual are you using? Is it a native or a custom visual?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've selected the line chart which was already available in power bi desktop.

patibrk_0-1627725671881.png

@Pascal_KTeam 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.