Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dantedg1
Frequent Visitor

Legend Format

Hi,

I've been trying to change the month legend format from "enero" to "Enero" in my powerbi graph, could someone help me?

Currently my date format is dd/mm/yyyy 00:00 am

Actual outputActual output

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @dantedg1,

This isn't a problem with your legend, but a problem with your data. If you change your data to have the correct capitalization, then these axis labels will look how you want. You can do this easily by going to Query Editor -> Transform -> Format -> Capitalize Each Word (While you've selected the proper column).

QueryEditorFormat.PNG

Hope this helps,

Parker

Hello Parker,

Problem is that my column format is on Date, applying the format change just changes it to numbers. DO you have any other suggestions?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dantedg1

Right, I see what you're saying. Sorry I don't know how you would change how Power BI represents a month in a certain language. If you wanted to transform the date field into a text of the month name, that would be:

CalculatedMonth = FORMAT('Table'[Date], "MMMM")

Then you could capitalize like I suggested in the previous comment.

Hope this works or you find another solution,

Parker

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.